Sunday, January 3, 2010

My first post

Wow! I finally made it home from "the holidays" at the 'rents...I am relieved. Finally my own bed, my own tea cup, and my own spot on the couch. I am late getting topost because I was at home where internet connection and a computer thats functional is hard to find. I would describe myself as hard working and commited. I was able to do South Beach Diet for an entire year and lost 40 pounds as result, but since then I have let myself get into some bad habits. In response to my grandmother finding out she had stage 4 cancer, I picked up smoking. This is a habit that must be kicked in 2009. It began as a cig here and there with a drink and it became something else entirely. I am not a smoker so this should not be the difficult part. The difficult part, I fear will be the lack of money that I have to go towards my cause. South Beach is a wonderful diet but it is costly. How can I lose weight with little/no money to buy food? I am going to have to get creative.

I am 26 years old, 12 days from turning 27. I am 5 foot 6 and 165 pounds (give or take a few). I eat well normally. My favorite foods are lean meats and salads. I particularly love eggs. I try to eat 5-6 small meals all throughout the day. I love to run and do workout videos at home. I also love aerobics and pilates. However recently I have been really depressed and have not felt much like working out. I moved to a new place and I don't know many people. One of my goals is to meet more people in my area. I hope working out more will put me in situations to do that.


My main challenges during this diet are gonna be purchasing food, making time each day to workout, and keeping up with this blog. What I hope to gain from this is... an enhanced self of self worth, more confidence, and a healthier approach to life. I would like to get a better nights sleep and feel more rested when i wake up. I would like to say daily affirmations to help myself maintain a positive outlook, I would like to meet other people in my area who like to workout.

I would like to lose anywhere from 30-40 pounds. I know that sounds like a lot but I think I can do it. I just need the support and the determination to finish what i set out to do. This would put me at a size 6 and that is what I need to accomplish to fit into my wedding dress (already purchased last year!) ahh. My wedding is being planned for May 29, 2010 so I need to get to work...More to come.....!

-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment