Saturday, January 2, 2010

And It Begins

Happy New Year! Today is officially day #2 of the diet & the new year! I've decided to go with the South Beach Diet and let a work out regime kind of evolve as time goes by. I'm going to be doing some walking at first, then running and all the while pilates for strengthening and some ab work outs as well.

No carbs! It's harder than I thought. You don't realize how many little things you grab to eat throughout the day are eliminated when you can't have carbs. I'm planning on eating a lot of veggies, salads... I am breaking the rules a bit by eating fruit, but only because I think I would keel over without some source of sugar in my life.

I'm feeling a little weak and tired today (and yesterday) but mentally I feel good, feel strong. As I look at myself in the mirror I am more and more driven to follow through with the diet/lifestyle change because I am so unhappy with the fat that has found a way onto my stomach, back and sides. I can't wait to see the results I want: a toned body! And to FEEL better. Not to feel like an old lady anymore!

Tonight I'm meeting Callie in Arlington for dinner. Should be interesting to have my first real restaurant-diet experience! Hope they have good salads!

Yesterday:
BFAST: Eggs, Black Tea
SNACK: Mozz string cheese
LUNCH: Panaera Salad: romaine lettuce, tomatoes, almonds, chicken, balsamic dressing
SNACK: Handful of dry roasted cashews & almonds (from SB-diet mixture)
DINNER: Salad: romaine lettuce, tuna, little cheddar cheese, carrots, balsamic dressing

Today:
BFAST: Eggs, Black Tea
SNACK: Apple w/ peanut butter
LUNCH: 'Sandwich roll' = piece of fat free turkey sandwich meat rolled around a mozz string
SNACK: 2 pickles
DINNER: Salad with grilled salmon, tomatoes, feta, carrots, red onion, champagne vinagrette

Happy Saturday! -Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment