Monday, January 4, 2010

Manic Mondays

YAY to Ash for her first post! You're awesome! I love you!

Back at work today after that odd two-week block that spans Christmas and New Years... a few days of work here and there but mostly I feel like I just came back from a HUGE break. Also, it's depressing to come back after New Years because you know there are NO days off for quite a while!

I feel good today. I noticed that while I'm not usually bright and chipper in the morning, I seemed more happy and alert when I woke up today. I moved more quickly. I have a bit of a headache which I've been experiencing on and off for the last few days. A few people told me I might feel this way, but it doesn't bother me. I've noticed that I remain pretty hungry throughout the day... snacks are helping me but I need to make more of an effort for meals, otherwise I'll starve! I can't eat string cheese for meals! Oie!

I was a little bit bad last night. We went over to a friends for dinner and to watch some football and I had a few cranberry & vodkas. I'm going to try really hard to cut out all alcohol, but if I behave badly, I'll only dabble in red wine & vodka. Deal?!

Today I'm "officially" starting my workout. I'm going to go running with a coworker of mine, do some weight machines for arms and legs and do an abs routine I picked up in college. If only I could afford a gym membership :( ... for now, I'll have to rely on generous friends and the 1980s gym at work!

Sunday:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs & an apple
Snack: 2 stalks of celery & peanut butter
Lunch: Pickle & turkey breast
Snack: Mozz string cheese, pickle
Dinner: Beef roast (marinated in lipton tea & garlic), carrots, onions

Today:
Breakfast: String cheese (first day back at work! I need to wake up EARLIER!) & black tea
Snack: pickle
Lunch: Turkey breast, low-fat ranch & carrots, string cheese
Snack: celery
Dinner: Pork chop & small salad with low-fat cheese and low-fat ranch

I packed a good lunch today with snacks and lots of options! Should be a good day!

*Monday night update: Feeling totally hyper at 9:30 p.m. which almost NEVER happens! I feel really good. A lot of great stuff is going on in my life that I have to be giddy about but I feel like this diet is paying off! :-) Also, got side-tracked on 2 hour phone convo with Dad when I was supposed to be doing pilates! RUNNING TOMORROW, I SWEAR! --Lia

1 comment: